Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fast Car Fugees.

In one of my previous blogs I wrote about one of my favorite artists Wyclef Jean. I discovered that my father knew Wyclef's family when he lived in New Jersey many years ago. I admire him because he gives hope to all people not only those who know him personally, but for all the Haitian immigrants and their children. During the massive floods in Haiti, Wyclef had a personal hand in improving the situation even if it was in the most minimal sense. People like Wyclef are important. Haiti is seldom remembered because of all the problems that are going on around the world. The one thing that I can say about Haitian people is that they never forget the hardships that the ones they left behind are going through. Wyclef's music gives me hope that one day the world will turn its attention to Haiti. Many people when they think about those in third world countries, they think of places like Africa and Ethiopia. Haiti is another country that is in need of the help of places that give aid to countries in need.

No comments: